Healthy chocolate muffins (95 calories)
1 3/4 cup of old fashioned oats
3 egg whites
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup hot water
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup truvia baking blend (or baking stevia)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used the mini chips)
1. Line a muffin pan with foil cupcake liners, or you can also spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Mix all of the ingredients together in a blender (except for the chocolate chips) on LOW. Blend until mixture is smooth. Do not over blend.
4. Place mixture in cupcake liners. I filled mine about 3/4 the way full. Once the batter was in the liners, I placed the chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
*Tip: At 12 minutes, take muffins out and place a few more chocolate chips on top to get the “muffin top.”